Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Trident Formation


Getting my army ready for summer just  got my ta check back which means I can pick up the couple things I need to finish off my army list. If I had time I would be entering the Ard Boyz tournament this year but will not have my stuff finished in time and I really don't believe that Eldar would be able to pull out a win with Imperial Guard, Blood Angels, and Dark Eldar having what I consider a much better codex for the 5th edition rules. I have only had a chance to read the new Grey Knights codex so I don't have a huge opinion on it's power but from what I read I was thinking of making a small GK army. So instead I am preparing my list to be 1850 for all comers and we will see how it turns out.

Hq
Reclusiarch

Elites
4x lighting claw termies 2x thunder hammer
Termies will ride in landraider with multi melta and heavy bolter sponsons

1x Furioso Dread (blood talons) with storm raven.

1x Sang priest

Troops

2x 5 man assault sqauds in razor back with las/twin link plas

2x Rhino with 10 man assault squad and 2 meltas and Hammer

Heavy Support

1x Storm Raven multi metla and twin linked Las cannon

This is my current list idea running the 2 rhinos and landraider as my main force up the center of the field the storm raven will target light armor and the furioso caughting a ride will pick up the small hordes if it can. The 2 las plas razor backs are objective holders and I might switch them to twin link las cannon. Just like the fact I get 2 guns for 35 pts so if one gets destroyed it isn't but a waste of space on the table for me. I have a few other ideas I am playing with and will post them soon.

3 comments:

  1. This is some serious stuff (I guess) but I can't really believe that people are so serious about this stuff. I remember playing something like this when I was a sophomore in High School I actually really did enjoy it. Good Luck and kill them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks yeah a ton of people play 40k it is a very big game table top wise around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are definitely a lot who play it. I got into it more for the social interaction myself. I have met some my favorite friends because of it.

    ReplyDelete