Sunday, April 10, 2011

40k universe

The main devotion to this blog is the adventures I have as I play Warhammer 40k with friends and new people I meet.  For those who do not know 40k is a table top war gaming strategy.  It was made in Britain in 1975 and was founded by a company called Games Workshop or commonly referred to as GW.  Since then they have had many updates and new rules and armies that have come out for people to play. The game itself is played with models that players get to build and paint. The build and painting of the model doesn’t really matter all that much especially the painting, but it is more of a pride thing for your models looking great as you play. I have been playing for about a year and half and currently play two armies the Eldar and the Blood Angels. I am more currently focused on the Blood Angels and will have some pictures and updates of games and my current model builds in further posts. I will also post about rules and other details surrounding the game so that people who are newer to the game and are interested are able to get a better feel.


Sample Blood Angels army showing few of the different models
 

3 comments:

  1. My brother used to play 40k back in the day. A warning to anyone that is interested though: it can get pretty pricey and time consuming if you want a nice well painted army XD.

    I myself have tried the online games and they were pretty fun :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it expensive to have a set like this?!
    I've seen these kinds of models in stores.. but I never knew that it was a game. haha. How is the game actually played?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The game is played on a table top about 4x8 and the pieces are moved around in any direction from the base of the model. The game itself can be expensive based on prospective. Since it is a hobby a 2000 point army which can take a while to accumulate and to build ends up at about $500 but generally I tell people for every 500 points give or take it ends up being about $100.

    ReplyDelete